Operational and Business Excellence Manager
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the “Best places to work” in the UK! Siemens Mobility - Rolling Stock.
As the Business Excellence Manager for Rolling Stock and Customer Services, you will be working with the Senior Management Team, to develop, set the pace and implement business transformation and continuous improvement strategy. With sensitivity towards the organisational structure, commercial approach, culture, and people and process, you will create and drive the direction and deployment of a BE agenda.
Responsible for the successful management and implementation of a number of high-profile business improvement projects/initiatives across the business and HQ’s, you will be enthusiastic, motivated and flexible. You will lead and further develop a team of 6, ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements aren’t compromised. Using Lean and Agile methodologies you will ensure consistent and rigorous application of best practice across the business.
What are my responsibilities?
- Acts as strategic change manager to ensure consequent continuous improvement; Influencing and collaborating with senior management and HQ teams to build a lean culture; creating a nurturing environment for strategic implementation, testing and prototyping of concepts in both technical and administrative disciplines.
- Responsible for embedding Lean strategy into the business, giving guidelines and methodologies to achieve Lean/Agile implementation, to include facilitation of companywide workshops, hackathons etc.
- Supports and mentors’ teams and their respective activities in a ‘people first’ mindset encouraging teams to design aspects of the change together.
- Coaches senior management on Business Excellence related topics, ensuring projects are deployed as an integral part of the business, service and localisation strategy.
- Conducts meaningful maturity Screenings / Assessments and reviews key indicators.
- Creates environment for ideation: Works with management teams to select projects for strategic introduction and the ongoing delivery of continuous improvement through our Ignite platform.
- Coordinates and allocates resources for BE and Lean project activity.
- Recommends and supports training for different organisational competence levels.
- Leads the benefits realisation activity; creates and monitors performance, efficiency, and productivity KPIs.
- Drives and defines comprehensive standards, description of methods and development of documentation through digital medias.
- Actively seeks out best practice both externally and in wider Siemens to benchmark performance.
- Initiates and manages business review activity in relation to ‘Models of Excellence’ to support longer term strategic direction.
- A bachelor's degree in a STEM subject or similar or relevant experience.
- Expert level of black belt standard in Lean/Agile
- Experience of managing multiple high-profile change projects is required
- Experience of Rail Industry an advantage
- Experience in using data from various information systems and technology; especially with quality systems.
- Strong change management and organisational skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- A high level of initiative.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- EFQM an advantage.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time