Change the future with us!
Join Siemens Digital Industries’ (DI SW) fast paced portfolio development team, where energy, teamwork, original ideas, and contribution are highly valued.
We are looking for a Manager to join our portfolio development team in the Southern California area. The team partners closely with the company's executive management and business unit leaders to: (i) link initiatives to overall corporate and portfolio strategy, (ii) identify growth opportunities, (iii) source, evaluate, and propose acquisition targets and partnerships to capitalize upon these opportunities, and (iv) support the transaction execution and integration process (as needed).
The thought leader will derive, assemble and present both quantitative and qualitative industry assessments that will have influence over DI SW’s short- and long-term strategic plans. You will facilitate the portfolio management process and work closely with cross-functional teams. This high visibility role participates in shaping the future of the market leader in Industrial Software.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire portfolio of DI SW’s businesses to propose and analyze strategic decisions.
• Understand and stay current on the technology industry’s (electronic design automation [EDA], product lifecycle management [PLM], low-code) trends and internal product development efforts
• Gather, research, and analyze data to drive diagnostic rigor in developing actionable solutions and making decisions.
• Act as a thought leader. Generate product portfolio strategies and themes both independently and in coordination with Siemens’ business unit leaders
• Identify opportunities and portfolio gaps
• Develop strategic frameworks and competitive landscape maps for segments of interest
• Work closely with senior executives and cross-functional teams to develop and execute M&A transactions
• Source and screen potential acquisition targets and develop a point of view on the merits of different options such as buy, partner, joint venture, etc.
• Establish and nurture relationships with potential sellers (corporations, entrepreneurs, bankers, investors)
• Collaborate within a cross functional team to develop financial projections and valuation models such as discounted cash flow (DCF)
• Present and advocate the right acquisition to the C-suite and support the proposal through approval and completion
• Support due diligence teams composed of R&D, sales, operations, and finance, where needed.
• Own the DI SW dealbook and drive the process to design the inorganic portfolio strategy.
• Collaborate and coordinate investment activities with Next47, Siemens’ venture capital group
• Uphold Siemens’ Business Code of Ethics.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Experience identifying, evaluating, and analyzing potential acquisitions and partnerships
• Preferred: Highly analytical with strong financial acumen, model construction, and valuation (discounted cashflow, multiples-based) skills
• Broad exposure to different businesses, business models, and business strategies
• Outstanding record of sound business judgment and advice to senior leaders. Proven ability to influence senior leaders on a recommended path
• Comfortable working under demanding deadlines.
• Effective communication skills in presenting recommendations to senior management
• Demonstrated cross-functional leadership, able to inspire, and motivate an organization
• Knowledge of the high technology industry and/or enterprise software (specifically electronic design automation [EDA], product lifecycle management [PLM], low-code) a plus
Education and Experience Requirement:
• Required: BS and MBA (reputed institution preferred) degree.
• Required: 3 - 5 years of relevant high-tech/software work experience in:
• Product management/marketing/sales, or Investment banking or venture capital or management consulting or corporate development
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Required amount of travel with the position: 5 - 10%