Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position is responsible for the development, profitable growth, collaboration and life cycle management of the assigned customer within the Data Center market. Represent Siemens in all sales/strategic activities and act as interface between the customer and the Siemens organization (HQ, Divisions and Regions). Direct and lead the implementation of all the regional business plans for selected divisions. Work with local, national and global sales/management staff to increase market share, maintain and develop new opportunities, improve gross margins and enhance local sales team performance. Implement Siemens business units, divisional and data center market business strategies and plans. Coordinate with operations, ensure sales personnel provide effective high-quality solutions to meet customer objectives and requirements through sales of our solutions.
This position will be based in the Pacific NW (ideally San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR or Seattle, WA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between client and Siemens
- Developing a complete understanding of account needs and manage the business planning process
- Managing communications between client and internal teams
- Develop and Manage account teams assigned to the client without a formal reporting structure.
- Strategic planning to improve client results
- Lead negotiating contracts with the client and managing a timeline of performance
- Collaborating with the field sales teams to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Analyzing client data to provide customer relationship management
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of client and their position in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, business administration
- Five to ten years’ previous work experience in sales, management, key account management, or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client program
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Comprehensive knowledge of the power system value chain, building automation systems, IoT, XaaS, data center infrastructure.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.