We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
The Warehouse Team Leader supervises and manages the production team of 8 to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets achieved. In this role, you will communicate expectations and provide direction, training, and consultative feedback to employees while working closely with multi-functional areas supporting production. Further focus is dedicated to developing and empowering employees and continuously improving processes.What you will be doing:
- Conduct production meetings with respective team members. Discuss status of units, material, and engineering problems. Advise team about safety issues, employee polices, & quality issues.
- Organize, supervise, and control the production area with regards to assigning employees, working procedures, material, processes, and tools
- Provide support to technicians by coordinating answers to technical and quality questions. Coordinate actions with support functions to resolve issues.
- Monitor key performance indicators for work centers, document deviations, and their effects. If necessary, initiate measures to resolve or avoid issues.
- Configure any job packet documentation, labels, engravings, and/or banners and distribute to employees.
- Participate in Gemba meetings, Quality Gembas, 6S audits, Quality arena and safety meetings.
- Support in the successful execution of engineering change notices (ECNs), engineering change requests (ECRs), continuous improvement projects (CIPs), corrective actions (8Ds and 4D)s.
- Confirm production orders and maintain SAP schedule.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline or 3 years meaningful experience in Production or Supply Chain Logistics
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised groups. Understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Willingness and pursuit to achieve the Siemens Performance Systems Expert Certification and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for improving the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Superb communication, problem solving, and decision making skills
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Warehouse Team Lead with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.