Siemens Mobility, Inc., is the leading provider of intelligent mobility solutions that offer guaranteed availability, optimized capacity and enhanced passenger experience. The company’s business includes: Rolling Stock, Rail Infrastructure (Automation and Electrification), Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Traffic Telematics Systems. We are in an outstanding position to bring value to our Customers with Siemens' products and solutions. We call it "Ingenuity for Life' and we are setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.Position Overview
Siemens Mobility Electrification is a leader in the North American transportation infrastructure market. To execute on our backlog at the highest performance levels and to ensure constant growth, Siemens is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and self-driven Project Manager which has managed projects in the same or similar industries.
The Project Manager for Rail Electrification Solutions will be reporting into the Mobility Electrification headquarters in Tualatin, OR while leading projects across North America. This role cooperates with the central functions like Engineering, Procurement, etc. in Tualatin and is in charge of a team working at the customer site. The project scope is centered around the full scope of electrification: traction power switchgear and building integration, SCADA, overhead catenary and on-site installation in both new-build and replacement scenarios.
Our expectation is that this person is capable of leading a multi-functional team in a matrixed organization and to professionally represent Siemens towards our customers.What you will be doing:
Our Project Managers lead and drive successful project execution with full profit & loss responsibility. Success will be measured on schedule achievement, customer success and financial results. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain constant and clear communication with customers, key suppliers, outside contractors, management and other partners.
- Drive overall project planning and decide on allocation of resources.
- Build and maintain project schedule. Align milestones between customer and internal partners. Set delivery expectations with the customer. Raise potential delays early in the process and identify actions to mitigate.
- Drive schedule and deliverables with Engineering, Procurement and Quality functions.
- Supervise milestone and budget alignment. Initiate actions to minimize non-conformance cost and seize on opportunities to improve project financials. Negotiate contract change orders and claims.
- Adhere to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) or Construction Management
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a related position
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification with a solid understanding of project management processes & tools
- Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support with a validated history of problem solving and value engineering.
- Experience in the Electrification / Traction Power ecosystem as it relates to contractors, suppliers and customers with skills and knowledge applicable to the business.
- About 20% travel required, visiting customers, suppliers or partners
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Project Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.