Siemens Government Technologies’ Proposal Department consists of a closely-knit team that is constantly looking for ways to improve its proposal quality through well formatted documents and excellent visual expression. We want someone who is both creative and capable of understanding the business functions supported. The successful candidate for this job will challenge existing processes, devise creative ways of conceptualizing our business concepts, and have an eye for detail.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be extremely organized, and be willing to do research to understand complex business processes and solutions. This individual is a team player motivated to support the other capabilities of the Proposal Production Center.
The Desktop Publisher will report to the Proposal Production Manager.
· Formats all proposal documents throughout the proposal cycle
· Maintains/tracks document configuration control
· Provides desktop publishing and proposal production support to the proposal team
· Works with the Proposal Manager to ensure final changes to the proposal are incorporated during the proposal production phase
· Prepares documents for final delivery including tables of contents, internal document cross-referencing, and creating PDFs for soft-copy submission
· Assists in book checks, packaging and shipping of proposal deliverables
· Takes complex business concepts and translate them into the simplest, most easily digested graphics in a timely and high quality manner.
· Develops well balanced, well-aligned graphics with consistent spacing, style, and format, correct spelling, and adherence to a consistent style.
· Prepares work through interviews with subject matter experts, researching business processes and concepts, and researching corporate practices and policies
· Handles graphic projects from beginning design stages through to final production
· Creates, draws, maintains, processes and archives diagrams and detailed illustrations for print or online technical documentation from sketches, photos, actual parts and ideas
· Works iteratively during solution sessions in person with proposal team, solution architects, and capture managers
· Incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve initial draft concepts
· Obtains approvals for develop graphics from subject matter experts and teams
· Liaises with production experts internally and externally, such as printers
· Cooperates with external service providers
· Owns the corporate proposal graphics catalog and corporate graphics style guide
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or foreign visas.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 1-2 year(s) experience of proposal desktop publishing and graphic production experience
· Expert with MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Visio
· Expert with Adobe Acrobat
· Expert with Adobe Illustrator
· Expert with Adobe Photoshop
· Experience with Adobe InDesign, a plus
· Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
· Proven ability to support multiple proposals in a time-sensitive environment while maintaining high-levels of customer service and quality
· Proven ability to solve problems
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.