Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to
ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our
company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to
succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We
recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of
internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs commercial fire alarm system service and maintenance. You will ensure that components
are inspected, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. The
right candidate will work well with others, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position
acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower-level technicians.
• Commission systems, including loading software programs and implementing modifications.
• Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
• Conduct testing and inspection of systems under maintenance agreement.
• Respond to and complete system troubleshooting and repairs.
• Identify code and non-conformance issues.
• Quote small repair jobs, and provide detailed parts and labor requirements to estimators and sales
personnel for large repair projects.
• Plan work with mentor, Lead Technician, and Team Leader.
• Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
• Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs.
• Submit accurate time and expense logs.
• Work overtime when needed.
• Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
• Experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products; 5+ years preferred
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment;
working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
• Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
• Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 3 within 12 months
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Must have excellent customer-facing and customer service skills
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
• Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
• Competitive salary based on qualifications
• Health, dental, and vision plans with options
• Matching 401(k)
• Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Company cell phone and laptop
• Extensive product training and professional career development
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
• Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities,
pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected
veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the
qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.