Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Laboratory Technician (Chemist).
- Assist senior scientists working in the
laboratory, specifically in regards to conducting qualitative and quantitative
experiments and analyses. Some tasks which are associated with this include:
- Handling of chemicals, specifically involving acids and nanopowders.
- Analyzing chemical compounds to determine chemical or physical properties.
- Preparing samples for analysis involving thorough cleanliness and complex steps.
- Maintaining thorough laboratory documentation of experiments conducted, analyses performed, and results obtained.
- Following, understanding, and communicating laboratory safety procedures, such as those defined in the SDS for chemicals utilized. Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Executing, understanding, and interpretting scientific calculations to develop and assist in experimental procedures.
- Be able to work in a collaborative team
environment as required in an R&D setting.
- Manage time effectively and multi-task when needed
- Be flexible and easily adapt to changes in assignments
- A.S. (with 1-2 years chemistry lab work experience) or B.S./B.A. in chemistry (newly graduated)
- Wet chemistry laboratory experience (undergraduate research-based experience included), minimum 1 year.
- Understanding of basic scientific/chemical concepts, including: laboratory safety practices, hazardous material/waste handling, precise gravimetric analysis, stoichiometric conversions and equation balancing, basic background knowledge of analytical instrumentation (such as XRD, ICP-MS, BET, TGA).
- Critical thinking capability to both analyze and interpret results from analytical equipment.
- Computer proficient, especially with Microsoft Office products (specifically Microsoft Excel or similar program)
- Excellent communication skills and strict attention to detail. Must be able to effectively and competently communicate results, problems, or issues, specifically regarding laboratory work and results.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be flexible to easily adapt to changes in assignments
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.