Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
The business development Manager for Automation and Motion in Canada is responsible for the growth and profitability of the business in Canada with a primary focus on OEMs. The selected individual will be accountable for the management, oversight, identification, qualification and capture of all business development opportunities and will be responsible for the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business area’s forecast and plan. In addition, this role will plan and recommend business development strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration consistent with business unit financial objectives and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
What will you do?
- Business Development – define National sales and business development strategy for our Factory Automation and Motion Control product and panel businesses
- Manage a national team of Sales Specialists to act as a sales arm assisting Regional Sales team to successfully deliver their targets
- Complete 5 year business regional planning and Country Concepts for both Automation and Motion business
- Work with Regional Sales Head in defining regional strategies
- Maintain a network of senior level client relationships for developing new and follow-on business. This includes lead generation, opportunity development, responding to RFQs and RFPs with a budget responsibility for order intake.
- work with distributors nationally and ensure their performance and effort in growing Automation and Motion business in Canada
- Promote Automation & Motion business and brand within Canadian market by shaping opportunities and relationships; participate and represent Siemens Automation & Motion products and at industry forums, conferences and events.
- Work with other business development and sales teams at Siemens Canada to develop and grow Siemens Automation and Motion business
- Assess the competitive landscape and derive strategies for growth.
- Regular customer engagements including in-person and virtual meetings, sales calls, business cases and presentations.
- Development of OEMs for both Automation and Motion product business
- Collaborating with Product Management and Application Engineering team to fully utilize our resources to effectively grow business
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Management or related field
- Minimum 7 years of business experience in business development or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with OEMs and distributors
- Executive level leadership, organizational, negotiation, communication and presentation skills required, including experience with customer and supplier contract negotiations
- Experience in all aspects of business development including account management, P&L understanding, capture and technical proposal development
- Knowledge of market analysis and demonstrated success of targeting new business including ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with internal and external decision makers, stakeholders, and other interested parties for presenting and selling opportunities, and gaining approvals for opportunities
- Inclusive leadership style; a demonstrated relationship management and sales skill in complex technological environments, as well as a proven record of business growth.
- Ability to demonstrate the vision, business acumen and credibility required to consult client executives on a peer-to-peer level. Business development and sales will be the immediate priority.
- Have an existing, senior-level client base in the Canadian market, that potentially can be leveraged.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative, able to create business value for different stakeholders in the complex sale process
- Knowledge of Siemens specific business processes, including LOA processes, budget processes, PM@Siemens, and salesforce.com are a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 40%
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.