Molding Manufacturing Manager
This individual must possess strong leadership skills, be hands on and will direct the injection Thermoset molding processes. This includes managing a group of production supervisors while implementing new technologies for injection molding of precision parts.
· The Plastic Injection Molding Manager will have overall responsibility of planning, organizing, and coordinating plant molding activities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
· Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, planning and quality to control activities obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
· Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and production problems
· Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
· Assure that facilities are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly condition
· Assure that all employees, vendor personnel and related personnel observe and follow all safety regulations and procedures of the facility
· Leads the production team in all continuous improvement and lean efforts to establish a true culture
· Working with engineering to determine suitable metrics. As appropriate, effectively communicate learnings.
· Manages communication, information flow between engineering departments.
· Manage Tool room department and planning supply chain partners.
· Lead team in addressing manufacturing non conformances and implement effective corrective and preventative actions with root cause investigations with traceability to production as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
· Escalates to appropriate levels within division regarding situation alerts with mitigation plans.
· Oversee production teams, trains, motivates, and shares information, conducts appraisals, coaching and feedback, and delegates work to ensure the development of people while enhancing organizational capabilities.
· Manage and monitor operational KPIs, adjusting measurement methods, goals, metrics, and monitoring frequency as necessary to meet changing company needs.
· Actively direct and support plant management in building, adjusting, and directing flexible and effective teams in a constantly changing manufacturing environment.
· Control production process development, quality systems and EH&S.
· Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure consistent and fair application of the organization’s policies and to ensure that staffing strategies meet the company’s needs
· Ensure shift-to-shift communication.
- 8-10 years managerial manufacturing experience running a Molding Operation.
- BS degree in an Engineering or Plastics related discipline.
- Thermosetting plastic experience is a MUST.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and training skills
- Excellent Safety assurance skills
- Proven success with Cost controls and Budget for department
- Excellent customer satisfaction and quality assurance skills (Internal & External).
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong injection molding development skills, including mold flow simulation, mold base/tooling design, resin selection, mold machine performance and process optimization.
- Must have good Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- ISO/QS/TS knowledge.
- Fluent English and Spanish speaking
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Indústria de Trabajos Eléctricos S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time