Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
Our Signalling Team is looking for an experienced Project Engineer (Systems Manager in Projects) to be based either in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney. The objective of the System Manager in Project (SMiP) is to establish a system concept which is optimum for the business. Consistent system management is to be ensured throughout the entire project execution phase in order to minimize the technical risks of complex projects.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Overall technical responsibility for the system requirements, architecture, design and the system concept of operations while taking into consideration product characteristics.
- Continuous consultation with Product and System Management about any changes to the system concept or design.
- Documentation and clarification of all technical, performance, safety and operational requirements for a customer system taking into consideration contractual obligations.
- Analysis of customer requirements with respect to non-existent, unclear/contradictory or unreasonable requirements.
- Definition and control of the system technical development.
- Checking and approval of the Project System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Responsible for the determination and update of the system architecture and the system concept throughout the entire project duration.
- Has project functional responsibility for the System Engineer in Project (SEiP) and System Integration and Validation for the project scope.
- Assurance of compliance with applicable technical standards and regulations.
- Participation of relevant PM@Siemens milestones meetings, readiness checks, team meetings and project review meetings to ensure high standard and clear communication.
- Independently develop and implement solutions in case of problems with interface partners.
The successful candidate:
- University degree (or comparable) in technology (engineering) areas of automation / electrical / communication / railway / informatics is necessary.
- Professional rail experience > 8 years in the area of Project Engineering Management preferably in railway signalling (engineering, development, planning, project execution, offers).
- Experience on a variety of Engineering Projects.
- Strong understanding of engineering process management guides, IEC15288, IEC 12207, CENELEC EN 50128, EN50129 etc.
- Basic understanding of rail operation control systems e.g. Westcad, VICOS, Rail9000.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully release the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time