Our mission at Mobility Engineering
We develop modern rolling stock in collaboration with our colleagues from abroad. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing subsystems. We create innovative products in the urban- and rail-transport area. We can manage global projects on our own and implement an entire vehicle project, from the definition of requirements through the development of SW/HW and mechanics to cross-sectional topics.
What is our impact?
In the Train Control group, we give life to our vehicles by planning control functions in SW and HW. We thoroughly develop individual vehicle functions, to the satisfaction of our customers. By creating non-energy-demanding, zero-emission transport systems, we help the Czech Republic, the EU, and the world meet targets in energy, climate, and the environment.
Every day, we affect the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers. You can take our metro in Vienna or London or use our high-speed train on a direct connection between London and Amsterdam. You can also often encounter Taurus, the world’s fastest locomotive, on Czech tracks.
What will you be your focus?
In this position, you will be responsible for the validation of the central-control development process and software. Thus, your role will have a cross-sectional function within engineering to ensure qualitative software solutions for our rolling stock. These activities include, for example:
- Planning and validation of vehicle-control software according to DIN EN 50128/50657 standards
- Close collaboration with the project and SW team heads
- Checking SW development within validation
- Involvement in the approval of software for rolling-stock control systems
What do you need to become a SW Validator?
- University degree in a technical field
- Experience with structured software development (SCL)
- Practical experience in testing, creating documentation, analysing requirements, and specifying interfaces
- Knowledge of communication, analytical and automation software
- Experience in simulation and modelling (UML or SysML)
- German for daily communication or English for daily communication and elementary German
- Knowledge of DIN ISO 50126 and DIN ISO 50128/50657 standards a plus
What can we offer you?
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 100,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague or in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual yearly benefit budget (in amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- contributions towards pension and life insurance
Send us your CV in English, stop by for a coffee, and get to the heart of the transport of the future with us! :-)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time