At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As a Solution Architect, work productively with Consultants, Product Architects, Solution Architects, Program/Project Managers, and other internal & external personnel to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. It is important that that you have industry knowledge of Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) in Medical Device manufacturing. As a specialist resource, this individual is responsible for consulting, advising, recommending, designing, and where appropriate directing the deployment of specific technical solutions based on Opcenter Execution Core (Camstar MES) and Opcenter Execution Medical Device and Diagnostics (EX MDD) products. This resource must be able to recommend industry best practices for the Medical Device domain and utilize their domain experience to provide manufacturing digitalization and end-to-end solutions to common manufacturing challenges.
The Siemens PLM Software ESMC business unit team takes pride in delivering customers leading edge manufacturing, planning, quality and laboratory management systems through a Professional Services team that is unparalleled in the industry. Siemens PLM Software is seeking candidates with manufacturing industry experience in process design, controls, interfacing, and/or quality to enhance our field services team as a Solution Architect.
Responsibilities In line with program & project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption.
- Act as trusted advisor to Sales, PreSales and Services project teams providing guidance through the complexity of solution options while leveraging key experiences in manufacturing operations management.
- Act as trusted advisor to the customer on the long-term roadmap for the use of Opcenter EX MDD.
- Guide the customer in establishing holistic programs that involve multiple, globally dispersed sites based on Siemens best practices; to deliver high value to the customer while balancing speed and cost.
- Consult on highly complex projects/assignments of diverse scope that require industry expertise in manufacturing digitalization
- Work under self-management within project and/ or task constraints and determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects.
- Lead projects utilizing the organization’s Project Delivery Methodology
- Where required, act as project technical work stream lead for specific project work streams on large programs/projects requiring a full-time specialist resource, and support project management activities such as estimating, work package breakdown and project planning and monitoring.
- Support complex projects on dedicated product-related expert topics.
- Actively participate in the Zone Community of Practice for Opcenter EX Core knowledge, primarily within the Medical Device Industry area, promoting adoption within the Zone and ensuring that knowledge and lessons learned are shared across country/organization boundaries.
- Leverage relevant best practices and templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area across the Zone, and significantly contribute to the definition and maintenance of best practices and curate templates in own area of specialism, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering or computer science or equivalent degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of experience in Medical Device and/or Drug Manufacturing and leading the deployment of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) in such environments
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation, test plan generation and execution
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills
- Self-managed; strong communication skills (written and oral); leadership of small teams
- Customer-facing experience and related soft skills
- Fluent in English with communication skills displaying diplomacy, tact, and the ability to influence
- Able and willing to travel at least 50% of the time
- Location: Position can be based in any U.S. City in the North East, South, Midwest, Cupertino, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Hillsboro, OR; Boise, ID; Salt Lake City, UT; Kalispell, MT; San Jose, CA; Torrance, CA; Newbury Park, CA; Chandler, AZ; Richardson, TX; Allen, TX; Austin, TX; Folsom, CA; Irvine, CA; Lehi, UT; Santa Rosa, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; or Redmond, WA.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience developing systems that integrate corporate solutions (PLM, ERP, WHMS, etc.) and/or controls level solutions (test equipment, OPC, PLCs, flat-file, etc.)
- Experience in medical device assembly processes and equipment
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.