Application Support Engineer
Work Location: Downers Grove, IL
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer for our department in Chicago (Downers Grove).
Siemens PLM Software delivers solutions built for the specific needs of individual industries. Based on years of experience understanding key industry requirements, these solutions help companies quickly realize value in their products and processes.
Within the Siemens organization our department forms a specialist and experienced team for the implementation of IT projects for industry, energy and the public sector based on the Openter RD&L (Research, Development and Laboratory) product.
Opcenter Research, Development & Laboratory (RD&L) allows companies in
Customer Packaged Goods(CPG) and process industries to capitalize on their R&D potential and develop
new products faster. Opcenter RD&L offers a scalable and flexible platform
to streamline, optimize and align all product development processes with
manufacturing. It keeps the product designs and processes well in line with
quality and regulatory requirements. The smooth integration and alignment of
R&D and manufacturing data and processes drastically speeds up the transfer
of final product designs to mainstream manufacturing.
As a Support Engineer in the Opcenter RD&L support team you will work in the office close to the colleagues who are involved in the implementation of our product at new customers. Your colleagues who provide support on Opcenter RD&L are located in Europe.
You will be responsible to handle the problems and questions reported by our customers located in the US, you will be able to rely on the European based colleagues to assist you.
As a support engineer you will be in direct contact with our partners and customers from the moment that they reported a problem or question on our support web site, or when they contact you by phone.
You will have to handle the problems and questions in respect to the SLA included in our maintenance contract.
You can be deployed on a
multifunctional basis: you can solve problems independently, or in consultation
with your colleagues you can look for the cause of the problem and for how to
implement the best solution.
As a Support Engineer you can continue to grow in various directions: you could become an expert in a clearly defined technology (Oracle, SQL*server, SQL*server Reporting services, .net, java, .. ), or you could become a functional expert. With the requisite experience from the support team you have the opportunity to progress to the department that implements new projects.
As a Support Engineer in the Opcenter RD&L support team:
- your role will include solving configuration and implementation problems for our customers (end customers as well as partners)
- in case you are able to solve the problem, you will need to communicate the solution in such a way that it is understandable by the customer (sometimes not IT specialists)
- In case you are able to reproduce the reported problem, you will have to document the scenario in which the problem occurs, and you will forward this information to the development team who will need to fix the reported problem.
- during the process of solving the problems, you will need to give attention to the SLA’s defined in our maintenance contracts
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information and Communications Technology or engineering sciences
- You have strong IT affinity; understanding the latest software technologies/code would be desirable
- Basic experience or proven interest in IT projects will be an asset
- Basic experience of production environments is an asset (for example food, chemicals, the laboratory world)
- Skills: Communicative, analytical, customer-oriented, flexible, autonomous and structured, ability to quickly understand and assess the problem reported by the customer
- You will work in the office of Siemens Industry Software in Chicago (Downers Grove) or from your home office. Once you are able to perform the tasks related to this job, you will rarely travel.
- Training (several weeks) to be able to perform the job will take place in Europe
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.