Company: SISW – Siemens EDA
Job Title: Sr. MBE Product Manager – SISW - EDA - 233768
Job Location: OR,CA, TX, MA, NC, AZ, MI, NY, WA, GA
Job Category: Product Engineering
Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can contribute on our journey to develop our Electronic Board Systems (EBS) MBE portfolio. If you are interested in leading a talented team that works with the best companies around the globe, we’d be excited to know more about you.
Siemens EDA is looking for a passionate and experienced Product Manager to lead the creation of new Model Based Engineering (MBE) offering for Electronic Board Systems, to complement the existing market leading desktop and on-premise solutions. The focus is on delivering an MBE solution that leverages the investments made in our desktop and on premise products, across not only the EBS portfolio but other Siemens assets to create a comprehensive MBE solution. You will be expected to build and lead a strong organization in a fast-paced environment where agile development is embraced, and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, everyone has the opportunity to positively impact thousands of customers and you will be called on to identify, realize, and drive these opportunities. Siemens is a high growth organization working on products and software that is changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
As products become more complex, especially those with electronic content, ensuring that they are correct is increasing challenging. The cost of product development and product validation is escalating and the cost of failure has become astronomical.
Model Based Engineering has been seen as a way of helping to manage this increased complexity, provide a consistent architectural model and provide the framework for a complete model based verification solution.
Siemens is both developing new MBE offerings and adapting our existing solutions to take advantage of existing Siemens technology. This position will lead our MBE initiative from a Product Management perspective and will be focused on product definition and prioritization for multiple product components of the MBE initiative.
- Definition and direction of a product or product family throughout all stages of the product life cycle (concept through end-of-life.)
- Work across segment lines to define and represent Siemens EDA / EBS within the Siemens DISW MBE initiative.
- Represent Siemens DISW MBE strategy with customers and Siemens executives. Work with product marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that our MBE offerings are successful in the marketplace upon release. Continue to work with development, sales and product marketing to manage products through their life cycle to ensure they meet established goals for revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver market leading products with fast performance and a compelling user experience, based on a modern architecture that incorporates the latest technology and innovations, enabling a consistent model based solution across the electronics domain.
- Drive the definition of user stories, based on input from all relevant stakeholders, to maximize return on investment of divisional assets in creating customer compelling products that meet the industry need.
- Collaborate with development to refine the product backlog, create clear and well understood user stories and follow the development processes to the acceptance of those stories.
- Collaborate with other Siemens stakeholders (Industries, Sales, Services, Technology Office, other Product teams, Marketing, etc.) to solicit feedback, balance competing priorities and deliver on stakeholder business requirements
- Continually be up to speed on competitive and ongoing market dynamics and formulate impacts if any to EBS MBE strategy and execution
- Develop relationships with customers across multiple industries and regions in focused topic areas as required for joint executive forums and other project deployment topics, as well as assist sales in developing future concrete pipeline/revenue opportunities
- Iterate with multiple development teams and Directors on trade-offs and priorities on a frequent basis to assist management decision making in-line with product and business strategy and priorities
- Facilitate and promote innovation across the organization. Have a clear sight to commercialization of these innovation ideas
- Partner with EBS senior management in recommending pricing and packaging strategies that align across the business unit to maximize divisional revenue and align with Siemens overall model.
- Identify technology partners both from an acquisition and partnership viewpoint. Work with divisional M&A to develop proposals aligned with divisional objectives. Support business case development to justify M&A or partnering. Define integration path for any technology partner, aligning partner with divisional technology roadmap.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must have minimum 10+ years of Enterprise Software and technology experience
- Must have strong background in both business and technical roles
- Must have at least 5 years in a leading portfolio or product management role
- Must have knowledge of SYSML V1 and V2, and system modeling techniques
- A plus would include working knowledge of industry standards bodies in the MBE industry
- Detailed knowledge of system modeling tools, such as Cameo, Rhapsody, and Capella would be a plus
- The candidate must also have solid customer presentations skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, and be able to work with a diverse established team.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline required, Graduate level a plus
- Must be familiar with Enterprise Agile and Scrum development practices
- Experience working across multiple organization with diverse business needs to arrive at a common solution.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.