At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are the catalyst for the industrial world's digital transformation. Siemens founded Siemens Advanta on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leverages the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
Join us as Proposal Manager - Digitalization Solutions to lead complex proposals, drive lead generation and further build-out our solutions portfolio. Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, industry, and the Internet-of-Things (IoT)?
We are working with some of the world's largest Enterprise, Public Sector and Government clients. You will be exposed to the latest digitalization approaches of our clients and understand their strategy, business drivers, and how data and cloud related technologies will enable quantifiable benefit to their business and mission.
Your work will directly influence Siemens Advanta’s top-line. You will lead and collaborate with teams consisting of sales, solution architects, purchasing, project management, commercials, legal and service to create competitive high value IoT solution proposals tailored to customer’s requirements and win strategies. In addition, you will interface with other Siemens businesses, external partners, and suppliers to facilitate business models and build complex solutions leveraging the eco-system.
After a thorough assessment of the business potential and an evaluation of the applicability of recurring solutions to different sales regions you will build-out and replicate our solutions portfolio globally.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive lead generation to contribute to revenue growth across all verticals.
This position is part of the global Siemens Advanta Solutions business segment selling digitalization and IoT solutions across all major Siemens industries.
Functionally you will report to the global head of GTM and disciplinary to the senior vice president Energy sales North America.
- Delivering high quality proposals on time and on budget managing internal and external bid resources.
- Driving and executing the IoT proposal process in compliance with Siemens ADV process/policy and customer requirements.
- Coordinating with Sales and Marketing to ensure consistency of marketing messaging and sales strategies in bid responses globally.
- Creating content including Scope of Work descriptions, proposal templates, standard content and final packaging/delivery of bids.
- Interfacing with Siemens regional companies, external partners, and suppliers to facilitate business models and build complex solutions leveraging the eco-system.
- Building-out & replicating our solutions portfolio globally after a thorough assessment of the business potential and an evaluation of the applicability of recurring solutions to different sales regions.
- Driving lead generation in close alignment with sales contributing to revenue growth across all verticals.
- Checking and confirming offer Scope of Work descriptions.
- Checking and confirming the cost calculation and benchmarking the cost position of the offer.
- Coordinating the internal team for bidding document preparation.
- Other related activities strategy development, process improvement, portfolio analysis and cross company growth programs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience dominantly in the IT professional services solution business in Proposal Management - Digitalization Solutions, sales operations, project management or solution design. Ideally in multiple functions.
- Proven experience in sales operations and sales process management.
- Experience in cost estimation and risk assessment of IT-service or complex solution projects. Preferably from a project management perspective.
- Good understanding of customer, consortium, and supplier contracts. Past exposure to operations & maintenance contracts to understand and manage SLAs, operating procedures, and costing.
- Experience in public sector and utility tendering plus the ability to prepare proactive industry offers.
- Knowledge of solutions and offerings within either one of the fields Energy/Power Grid-, Industry/PLM software- or Building-solutions is required.
- Business acumen to judge market potential and identify business opportunities with growth potential.
- Understanding how to develop and replicate solutions on a global scale. Technical acumen to evaluate feasibility of solutions and develop high level solution blueprints.
- Ambition to establish standard processes and facilitate the use of templates.
- Demonstrated previous expertise in writing and quality control of Scope of Work and Solution documents including RfP & RFI responses, budget offers, T&Cs, offer letters and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated ability to create customer solution presentations and communicate solutions and offerings to internal and external customers.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to motivate and guide a bid team in the right direction even under pressing deadlines and strong competition. Ability to motivate self and others to achieve results.
- Structured and efficient work style with the ability to improve the efficiency of others as well.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects/programs/ opportunities at one time. Ability to work independently, remotely, and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Optimistic and tenacious at the same time; while applying experience, and a positive attitude consistently to deliver results.
- This could be a remote worker position and may require up to 20% travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced Degree; preference for business, computer science or engineering.
- Sales experiences with direct customer exposure and successful attainment of quota in a sales environment covering multiple solutions would be helpful.
- Experience as project manager of IT services solutions ideally in C projects and larger.
- 2 to 5 years technical background in solution or software development. Familiarity with state-of-the-art Cloud and SaaS architectures, technical capabilities, and pricing schemes.
- Preferably expertise in one of the major Siemens software packages (e.g. EnergyIP, Teamcenter, SIMATIC IT, MindSphere, Mendix, Comfy, Enlightened, etc.). At minimum candidate should have strong motivation to learn and grow.
- Product or portfolio management experiences would be helpful but not a must.
Company: Omnetric Corp.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.