Technical Product Engineer – Power Systems SW
Responsible for communicating with customers, preparing proposals, and applying Siemens PTI’s industry leading power system simulator (i.e. PSS®) software portfolio to solutions. Develops and drives innovative customer-need based solutions within the US market, facilitating growth of the Siemens PTI software business. Responsible for Siemens PTI software proposal activities including but not limited to proposal team coordination, marketing, leading customer calls, communicating customer needs to the technical team, preparing cost/book numbers, and participating in proposal financial reviews.
- Drive technical discussions between Transmission Planning Software (PSSE®E) and Transmission Model Management software (PSSE®ODMS) internal team and the customer.
- Support the Sales team by delivering PSS® software demonstrations as necessary, both remotely and at customer sites
- Communicate PSS® software features and functionality to support the sale of new software products/services/solutions
- Articulate the value of PSSE®E and PSSE®ODMS and impact to the customer business outcome
- Participate in the Proposal management for Transmission Planning and Transmission Model Management Software Business
- Work directly with customers to increase product satisfaction
- Manage a variety of marketing activities for the Siemens PTI US Software Business
- Provide marketing feedback to the larger software team based on industry trends and customer knowledge
- Provide technical and commercial sales support to the Sales team
- Participate in US market software user group meetings.
- Occasionally work with PTI Global Software team in support of demonstrations, solutions and proposals for the business worldwide.
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve products, processes and customer experience
- Proactively seeks most up to date technology and industry trends. Welcomes change as means to innovate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to communicate highly technical information clearly and concisely to peers and customers verbally, in written communications and learning and training situations.
- Minimum of 10 years in technical, analytical software (power systems SW preferred) and/or electrical engineering within transmission and/or distribution planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills.
- Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment.
- Understanding of power system software (Transmission load flow, Distribution load flow, Model Management, Transfer Analysis, short-circuit, EMS, Market Pricing, etc)
- Understanding of optimization techniques related to transmission and distribution planning solutions.
- Understanding of transmission market systems, security-constrained unit commitment, security constrained economic dispatch, “locational” specific marginal pricing, etc.
- Understanding of transmission control system, network applications, state estimation techniques, etc.
- Strong business and industry specific acumen
- Experience in the US Power Industry 5-8 years.
- Experience working within a matrix organization.
- Must be willing and able to travel 35% of the time.
- Network Modeling 2-4 years
- Software System Integration experience 1-3 years
- C++, C#, and Java coding experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to code in Python strongly preferred
- Familiarity with UML modeling and IEC 61970 and IEC 61968 standards (developed in working groups IEC TC57 WG13 and IEC TC57 WG14), strongly preferred
- Proficiency in the use of PSS®E, PSS®MOD, PSS®ODMS strongly preferred
- Advanced Degree in Business strongly preferred
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.