Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Project Accountant to join our Rail Infrastructure Electrification team in Coventry.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signalling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway. The Rail Electrification business supplies switchgear equipment as well as the SCADA control system alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is now designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensator & Static Frequency Converter, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Supporting the Electrification Finance Manager, the Assistant Project Accountant will provide specifically defined financial & administrative controls for our Coventry based Rail Electrification projects, cost centres and bid projects. To provide timely & accurate information to ensure that Corporate Governance requirements are fully met.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent! With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Analysis & Reporting of actual financial project results together with variance analysis against rolling forecasts.
- Tracking & Highlighting of financial variances to business area management in a timely manner (including overheads, bid cost etc)
- Supporting the tracking of balance sheet movements and communication to the project level concerning EBIT Asset movements and outstanding Debtors.
- Supporting the monthly preparation of Management Pack data for Financial & KPI sections.
- Supporting Month end period closing activities are carried out involving utilisation of the SAP system.
- Collation of month end / annual data for audit purposes (KPMG & Sarbanes Oxley)
- General month end support
- Provide commentary on any variances to forecasts for relevant areas.
- Support the production of month end project accruals related to internal and agency staff and support bid project control.
- Ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Support the production of month end project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Maintenance of the project and CBS within the ERP/Spiridon Project Ledger.
- Sign off and distribution of the weekly apps and certs file for agency staff.
- Aid in the timely postings of costs to projects through key communications around internal timesheets and the GRN process for materials
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long-term contract accounting policy.
- Support bid cost control and take ownership of MS Excel opportunity tracking spreadsheet and ensure that it is kept up to date with data regularly obtained by you from right across our business including the Business Development team, members of the senior management team, our engineering leads and project teams. You will take a proactive approach to verify and challenge data provided in order to reach an informed position on our opportunity pipeline.
- Make improvements/modifications to the spreadsheet in a controlled manner to better reflect financial reporting requirements.
- As distant opportunities become more certain, update associated CRM database to assist with annual business planning.
- Liaise with the Bid Team daily to update the forward tender schedule.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Recent graduate or part qualified accountant.
- Financial reporting experience (preferred)
- Relevant Contract Accounting experience (preferred)
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff and other project and bid functions.
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to enable you to obtain information from multiple sources right across our business, in different locations, teams, and hierarchies
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability, to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognises that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time