Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Scale-Up Facility (SUF) R&D Engineer/Biochemist I (Process Engineering Scientist). The Scale Up Facility (SUF) located on the Tarrytown, NY campus of Siemens Healthineers, supports Immunoassay development, design transfer and design change through the development process with materials used to support the commercialization of new products. The SUF in Tarrytown supports both the Research and Development and product manufacturing teams in Tarrytown and Walpole MA.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Scale-Up Facility R&D Engineer/Biochemist I, you will be responsible for:
- You will assist with the operation, maintenance, and calibration of several reagent preparation and filling instruments/systems used in SUF labs.
- You will Support scale-up and design transfer functions through execution, setup, and troubleshooting of processes including filtration, liquid filling equipment, lyophilization, autoclaving, and mixing.
- You will follow work instructions and complete the batch documentation for formulation and filling events according to cGMP requirements
- You will assist with commissioning, developing SOPs, and validation of new laboratory and processing equipment.
- You will assist in new process characterization activities.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to develop your career with
- You are mechanically inclined and are motivated to understand the integral components of a process.
- You are proactive with tasks that enable SUF to function effectively, such as lab clean-up, initiating work orders, and other general housekeeping.
- You are comfortable handling large quantities of potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
- You have the ability to analyze data and interpret results.
- You have the attention to detail required to work in a GMP environment/ regulated industry by following good documentation practices and quality record management.
- You have demonstrated cross-functional skills, organizational skills.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent experience required. Engineering (mechanical, chemical) education/background preferred.
- You have a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical information both verbally and in writing.
- SAP Experience Preferred.
- You have a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.