Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go around. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Siemens offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Siemens is represented in more than 90 countries, with over 300,000 employees worldwide, and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
The Business Unit Digital Grid is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power.
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
This is a business operations position and an opportunity to be a part of the growing SI DG Grid Control business. The Head of CPM role will be leading a team of Commercial Project Managers to ensure that projects are executed in accordance with PM@Siemens guidelines.
The role requires a leader who is driven, entrepreneurial and can collaborate across all levels of the organization including senior management, sales, legal, execution, operations, and finance. Strong leadership, presentation, business acumen and decision-making skills are key attributes necessary for success in this role.
Position Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Partner with the Head of Operations to drive overall project governance
- Lead Commercial Project Management (CPM) team to ensure projects are executed effectively in line with PM@Siemens and Financial Reporting Guidelines
- Directly manage commercial aspects of key critical projects as required
- Develop and present monthly project forecasts and performance reports
- Establish and implement key project improvement levers to drive solid project performance
- Interact, co-operate and collaborate with local and international project teams to drive business success
- Actively communicate with customers in the management of commercial issues.
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the Project Management team.
- Identify efficiency measures which can be taken to help improve project performance
- Carry out ad-hoc operational and financial analyses to help drive growth
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Typically 8-10 years experience in the finance / accounting area
- General knowledge and understanding of project controlling, contract & subcontract management, and supply chain management
- Prior experience with managing people
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, esp. Excel, Word & Power Point. Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good ownership and excellent communication & interpersonal skills - strong collaboration approach.
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding & interpretation of key financial statements.
- Visionary with the ability to analyze company data to influence business decisions to support the business performance.
- Self-disciplined with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible & proactive approach to work.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.