We are currently recruiting for a T6 Supervisor to join our Rolling Stock division based in Bedford. You will be responsible for leading the team to effectively deliver the daily Train Service Agreement and accountable for ensuring work is carried out safely and to the required standard whilst identifying and delivering opportunities to maximize productivity and efficiency in the workplace. You will also ensure continuous development of team to create a high-performance culture.
This role will be based at Bedford so you will need to live within a 1 hour commutable distance from the Bedford depot but there will be a period of training at our Ilford Depot until April 2021.
This is a shift based role where the working pattern consists of a mixture of days and nights.
What are my Responsibilities?
Health, Safety and Environment Responsibilities
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rolling Stock HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Actively promote 4 steps to Zero Harm and the RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with Line Manager to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Carry out safety and 5s audits according to the plan and implement any recommendations found.
- Investigate any incidents thoroughly, complete relevant reports and implement agreed preventative actions.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
Service Delivery / Fleet Planning Responsibilities
- Ensure required fleet quality standards are met by checking completed work and records.
- Plan and manage all resources including people, plant, material, tools and third-party services to meet the daily operational requirements.
- Execute production plan to meet business targets, improve productivity and keep deferred work to a minimum.
- Ensure all maintenance activity is undertaken in accordance with the relevant maintenance instruction and Group Standards.
- Ensure optimum shift coverage minimising downtime, complaints or delay to our customers.
- Ensure any extraordinary circumstances or any complex work is built into the plan.
- Maintain log and ensure effective handover to subsequent shifts.
- Understand customer requirements to ensure plans are kept up to date and relationships maintained.
Continuous Improvement & Quality Responsibilities
- Actively encourage identification of continuous improvement activities and empower team members to implement agreed changes that benefit customers and the business.
- Delivery of productivity improvements identified through various channels.
- Actively seeking opportunities to share best practice with other Supervisors on own and other sites.
- Actively manage projects within team and/ or area of expertise.
- Facilitate audits in accordance with the audit plan and implement any recommendations made within the agreed timescale.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
Finance, Commercial and Compliance Responsibilities
- Monitor productivity and identify potential cost-savings.
- Make service decisions and manage day to day operations in line with contract KPIs.
- Eliminate Non-Conformance Costs (NCC’s).
- Identity opportunity for additional services.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Role model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Delivery of team briefs, business information and change initiatives to the team, actively listening and acting on feedback
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools
- Monitoring team’s daily performance against indicators and produce plans to improve performance.
- Conduct management reviews and create effective personal development plans to enhance capability in the team (e.g. on the job shadowing, training, coaching).
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Leadership experience of small/medium sized teams
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organization/planning skills
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment requirements
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock maintenance procedures/practices
- Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement principles is preferred
- Contract/Commercial knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time