This is an exciting time to join our Siemens Mobility business. With approximately 3,500 employees, we focus on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management and rail-bound transportation.
We are recruiting for skilled Maintenance Technician T3 level to join our Rolling Stock business at our Bedford Maintenance depot. This role will carry out preventative maintenance fault finding on the depot Rolling Stock and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the 360 /1 Desiro Classic trains.
This role will be based at Bedford so you will need to live within a 1 hour commutable distance but there will be a period of training at our Ilford Depot until April 2021. As a Maintenance Technician, you will have electrical and mechanical background and experience of fault diagnosis. Rail experience is not essential as full training will be given.
This is a shift based role where the working pattern consists of a mixture of days and nights.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Must have relevant experience within a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- HNC or equivalent in a mechanical/electrical discipline
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding for cares of tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Computer literate, ability to use a laptop for diagnostic fault finding and rectification purposes
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
- Some experience in basic fault finding.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time