Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our growing team. The field service engineer performs emergency repairs, warranty service; field service & engineering of electrical power distribution and control equipment.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s).
• Installation, troubleshooting, and design of 480VAC/12.47KVAC, switchgear, ATS, circuit breakers and generator system controls.
• Providing technical support for field startups (standard & non-standard systems), warranty efforts, remedial repairs and preventative maintenance contracts
• Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Field Service Engineering experience preferred but not required.
2. Electrical Engineering (BS or AS preferred) and/or prior military service.
3. Background in electrical power including low voltage through medium voltage and experience with most types of switchgear testing woudl be preferred, but not required.
4. Experience with programming PLCs and HMIs or similiar.
5. Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and customer technical support.
6. Proficient in dealing with client interactions and completing projects on time and within budget guidelines.
8. Must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction.
9. Must be able to operate all types of test equipment, coordinate and manage any size project.
10. Work effectively with customers, peers and management to resolve client issues.
11. Valid driver’s license and record that meets company requirements.
12. Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work.
13. Availability for out-of-town work.
14. Must carry a cell phone and be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
15. Must have willingness to learn and accept feedback.
16. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
17. Must have mindset of continuous improvement.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.