Senior Controls Engineer (MHS)
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
- Commission, test and Integrate a highly complex and large-scale automated Material Handling System (MHS).
- Perform and monitor all Integration and Testing/Commissioning activities
- Interface with customer and key stakeholders for all testing, acceptance and handover.
- Coordinate on-site testing/commissioning activities and execute test plans.
- Ensure all commissioning and testing events are executed on schedule
- Plan, execute, monitor and report on all testing and integration activities
- Participate/execute onsite tests with test teams and customer
- Preparation/analysis of Test Plans and Results
- Raise Defects and monitor progress through to resolution
- Report to Project Manager / Line Manager for progress or issues on scheduled events
- Control software and hardware version control
- Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring and support
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical/Controls/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience.
- PMP, P.E., or LEED Certification/Accreditation
- 10+ years of experience in commissioning of automated material handling systems (MHS, BHS, CHS)
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics, and client service orientation
- Experience interfacing with stakeholders and consultants within complex project
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong client communication, with a vision to succeed.
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, Excel, Word, MS Project
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of Integration and T&C.
- Advanced understanding of automation including, LLC/HLC/TCIP and applying that knowledge
- Ability to maximize the use of appropriate software and technology and teach others how to do the same
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.