Siemens a global powerhouse in electrical engineering is seeking an externally customer focused Sales Engineer for Circuit Protection & Control (CP&C) components. Based in Northern California, the qualified candidate will be technically knowledgeable with the ability to demonstrate, specify and provide application advice to customers and distributors. Priority accounts will be HQ CP&C OEM’s in geographic area and their satellite locations. This is a technical sales role with specific financial goals for driving revenue growth and new customer conversion in the assigned territory. Within the company this position bridges marketing/business development, our end customers, and distributors. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager for Circuit Protection & Controls.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
- Leading sales pursuit for circuit protection and control products at a defined OEM customer base
- Establish and maintain documented sales plan by using SieSales (Salesforce CRM platform) to cultivate a healthy sales pipeline through development of new opportunities, sales lead follow-up, and managing existing customer base
- Cultivate long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers
- Develops a complete understanding of the customer’s organizations structure and key buying influences
- Arrange and lead customer meetings, conducting mid-level technical product demonstrations and formal presentations to small groups
- Analytical skills and expertise to provide market pricing to distributors and customers within designated territory
- Assist with delivering technical product training seminars and workshops for end customers
- Manages sales process to close new business including negotiation and overcoming customer objections
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although directly related work experience will also be considered
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Knowledge of Circuit Protection and Control products
- Working knowledge of electrical power distribution methods and schematics
- Self-driven and can work independently
- Strong work ethic and committed to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Advanced personal computer and Office software skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in selling to OEMs, UL1558,UL891,UL67 ,UL508a Panel Builders, and other electrical product customers
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO
- Training along with career development
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.