Role: Test Professional – Domain tester
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as a Test Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
We make real what matters
- Engineer – Verification/Validation is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
- You shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are balanced. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing.
- Responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application stays in sync with implicit and explicit requirements.
- You will review user / software requirements documentation with relevant partners.
- Specify and execute test cases including automation scripts based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy
- Developing and validating automated and manual tests.
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and supervise the issues to closure.
- You will build test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and Lead Engineer - Quality / Senior Quality Manager.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
- Industrial Automation Domain know-how, especially in Network Communication (Layer 2 and Layer 3), PROFINET Systems
- Experience on Scalance of Switches and Routers configurations, Industrial Networking Protocols (SNMP, TCP IP, Redundancy)
- Good Aptitude and hands on with Windows & Linux OS
- Any programming language experience of one year (Java/C++/C#)
- Very good team player and good written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Industrial communication networks
- Software Testing knowledge with Basic knowledge of SCADA preferable
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time