Role: Software Engineer – Design & Development
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as a Software Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
We make real what matters?
- Primarily responsible for the development and delivery of system integration solutions on Windows and Linux platforms considering the security aspects of the system. (Implementing secure configurations for web servers, application servers, database servers and operating systems)
- Analyze requirements and functional specification
- Design and Develop software for system integration platforms
- Configure web servers, application servers and operating systems to address security requirements
- Design and develop product features based on Siemens Product Lifecycle Management processes
- Analyze and fix problems reported by Verification and Validation (V&V) department
- Create Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a BE graduate in Computer Science with specialization in IT security, MCA with specialization in IT security having 4 to 6 years of experience in hardening internet facing Windows 2016 servers and web servers
- Good knowledge of Windows security features such as group policies, access control mechanisms and windows security event log, PKI and certificate based authentication
- Good exposure on protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP
- Experience in powershell or shell script
- Worked in Six Sigma and/or CMMi (at least level 3) process organization
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of security benchmarks such as CIS benchmarks and Microsoft security baselines
- Experience in Information security topics such as remote access, malware prevention system, Snort IDS/IPS ,Nessus scanning tool
- Knowledge of MS SQL 2008 R2 server
- Experience in using version control systems such as ClearCase, GIT
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time