Role: Software Engineer – Full Stack Developer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
How do you shape the future through Siemens Advanta? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow –the talented individuals ready to help our company transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Smart Grids and Infrastructure.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution –our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means –trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange –discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
Change the future with us.
- You will be responsible for designing & developing CPQ Solutions using platforms like Tacton / PROS, will need to interact with the business teams to understand the requirements, and help to realize the requirements efficiently.
- Developing Web based UI applications/API using the defined technology stack.
- Design and implementation software based on defined architecture.
- Coding of features, bug-fixing and delivering solutions adhering to coding and quality guidelines.
- You will be involved in requirement engineering, prepare user stories, derive use cases and subsequently product requirements.
- Required to conceive ideas and prepare quick pre-development prototypes for internal review and to assess the technical feasibility of the use cases.
What you need to make real what matters
- We need an engineering graduate with 3 to 5 years of experience in design and development and exposure working with multi-site global teams.
- Java/J2EE, Servlets, JDBC, Hibernate, Spring, Microservices, Spring Boot, AOP, Spring Security, JPA, Rest services, Tomcat, and Web logic – Advanced Skill Level
- Python, AWS Lambda, R, Hadoop, Spark, Star UML
- Intermediate skill level of TACTON (CPQ Platform) and advanced knowledge on Object Oriented thinking, Design principles and patterns, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills, REST services and unit testing concepts, Software development process and Database (MSSQL / MYSQL).
- Full stack development experience working with Node.js and Git /Bit-bucket
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Chennai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time