Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college or university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a recognised qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Right now Siemens are; helping to power a whole country, finding ways to prevent malaria, making cities smarter, developing renewable energy, designing 3D robots, transporting people all over the world and even helping NASA explore Mars.Siemens is the industry leader in Railway Signalling systems and technology, which is helping people get from their places of work or to see their loved ones and friends every single day.
As a Rail Signalling Apprentice in Siemens Mobility you will be part of a team delivering services and solutions to the world’s Rail networks with the market leader in train control in the UK and globally.
We are recruiting candidates to join our apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Railway Engineering.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a minimum 3 year apprenticeship where you'll study towards the following:
A BTEC (Level 3) or a HNC (Level 4) qualification in Electrical Engineering (this depends on your pre-existing qualifications), an IRSE Licence in Operational Signalling Verification Testing, an NVQ Level 3 or Level 4 in Engineering and any other internal training programs as deemed appropriate by us.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
As a Signalling Testing Technician apprentice, you will be working towards gaining the Skills, Knowledge and occupational Competence to show you are capable of:
- Undertaking tests on signalling components and equipment in accordance with the test specifications and plans in the operational railway environment.
- Follow detailed test plan for the work to be completed.
- Recording tests/checks of signalling equipment.
Via both ‘on the job’ learning and ‘at college’ study, you will also be trained to:
- Access work locations safely, within any agreed timescales and in accordance with site access procedures.
- Identify the vital safety requirements and take relevant action to ensure the safety of yourself, others and railway operations.
- Be aware of the risks that your activity may have on the operational railway and prioritise your work to take into account operational, site and environmental conditions
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and English language.
To go onto a level 4 apprenticeship, you will also need to achieve or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels, one of which should be Maths or a level 3 BTEC in a numerate subject.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Railway Signalling. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time