Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Electrification segment of Rail Infrastructure is a specialist in Rail Electrification projects working with Network Rail/London Underground throughout the UK. Electrification provides a combination of Engineering Skill and Project Management experience to deliver complex solutions which are installed throughout the UK.
We are recruiting for higher apprentices to join the Rail Infrastructure, Electrification Segment at our location in York
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a engineering year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Engineering Design & Draughtsperson Apprenticeship standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: The likelihood is that you will spend 1-2 days your first year in college studying towards your qualification and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2-4: You will be based at York with day release to college and you will be involved in the Electrification projects that we have throughout the UK. The principal responsibility will be to support in the development of CAD drawings for the design, site installation and commissioning activities for the East Coast Main Line between London and Edinburgh and other Network Rail projects throughout the UK
The successful candidates will complete a structured learning programme over a three or four year period. Included in this programme you will gain an understanding of the business unit; its goals, vision, services, comprising departments, customers, and supply chain. This will enable development of engineering skills, knowledge, and competence in preparation for a role within the engineering group.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to join the Electrification engineering team and ultimately responsible for the CAD design for installation and Commissioning of AC and DC traction power supplies for Network Rail/London Underground
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Nationally-recognised engineering qualifications
- Attend all role/performance review sessions as necessary to review progress made.
- Work placement rotation plan
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of all allocated tasks in accordance with instructions provided.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You have an awareness of aspects of telecoms engineering relating to fixed networks
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and English language or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
The benefits of a Engineering apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time