- Learn to collect detailed requirements, design, implement, test, install and maintain SCADA/PLC control, monitoring systems
- Learn/improve your software knowledge and skills as you may be required to write, analyse, test and integrate various software systems and databases.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to management. This project will provide you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- Participate in the Apprentice ‘Swap Scheme’, an exchange programme allowing apprentices to experience different areas of the business (e.g. Rail Automation to Rail Electrification).
- You will have a minimum of 3 A-levels or equivalent at C or above in maths and other STEM related subjects
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your degree debt-free whilst earning a salary of £20,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time