Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are a great option for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
We have expertise in many areas of technology including Communication Information Systems, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
This role is based within Siemens Rail Infrastructure, whose client portfolio includes Network Rail, Docklands Light Railway and London Underground, and we are actively involved in projects for Crossrail, Qatar Education City, East Coast Main Line, Edinburgh Trams, Storebaelt and Interconnector.
We are recruiting candidates to join our degree apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in engineering. You will to get to know us from the inside and see how we can make a difference to society.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be signed up to the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional standard with the Open University. You will also take part in Fixed Telecommunications project delivery activities in the workplace.
As an apprentice in Siemens Rail Infrastructure (a part of Siemens Mobility), you will be working with one of the Fixed Telecoms delivery teams based in York. You will help to provide and support Telecom solutions to the world’s Rail networks with the market leader in train control in the UK and globally.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from the apprenticeship:
- Experience a full project Lifecycle of a Railway Telecoms project; working on variety of different tasks from Design right through to Installation, Test and Commissioning.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway with more and more projects moving towards this technology.
- Be exposed to Network Design as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to management. This project will provide you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities; such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- Participate in the Apprentice ‘Swap Scheme’, an exchange programme allowing apprentices to experience different areas of the business (e.g. Signalling, Telecoms and Rail Electrification).
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You will have a minimum of 3 A-levels or BTEC equivalent at C or above in maths and other STEM related subjects.
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your degree debt-free whilst earning a salary of £20,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Telecommunications. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time