If you're looking for a #newchapter in your career, take a closer look at why Forbes' ranked us #9 on their World's Best Employers list.
Our Materials management team builds bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain, the Materials Director will drive the Materials Management roadmap creation by leading the implementation of key transformation initiatives across the extended Norwood supply chain.
The Materials Director is responsible for leading and executing all aspects of the Norwood supply chain organization to include: Production Control, Master Scheduling, Purchasing, Warehousing and logistics. In addition this position collaborates closely with the strategic procurement team to ensure optimal balance between material availability and cost / inventory efficiency
- Work directly with internal stakeholders and business leaders to understand business objectives, identify process & system requirements, opportunities for improvement, and formulate strategies, solutions and a pipeline of projects in line with the Materials Strategy that will yield value.
- Drive standard org and process rigor and constructive tension and accountability, standardized as much as possible via appropriate tools and techniques.
- Drive & measure MPS process utilization and efficiency, labor and capacity utilization, and opportunities to drive plant & commodity specific improvements.
- Drive procurement to implement standardized commodity planning techniques, increase supplier collaboration, and implement optimized collaboration portals to communicate forecast and capture supply commits.
- Support VMI/Consignment Inventory implementation through Materials Planning expertise and ownership
- Ensure teamwork and coordination with relevant departments including manufacturing, strategic procurement, quality, inventory, production planning, production control, and program management.
- Develop and implement performance metrics and plans (Inventory level /turn, Cost of Goods Sold, Quality, Cycle time, Service level) for reporting to senior leadership.
- Develop a link with Engineering passionate about Value Add/Value Engineering driving out complexity in our supply chain.
- Mentoring and elevating performance of direct reports by instilling Siemens company values through goal setting and providing timely feedback.
- Lead a cultural shift in the Supply Chain organization focused on continuous improvements to move the facility to the next level of operational excellence.
- Support and drive the evaluation and implementation of MoB projects in close collaboration with strategic procurement and other relevant departments as well as the global organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations to include:
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Labor Tool, & Material constrained production planning in multi-level BOM environment
- Tactical and Strategic procurement
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.