Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
We have expertise in many areas of technology including traffic systems, rail signalling, electrification, rolling stock and communication systems, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
This role is based within Siemens Mobility, whose client portfolio includes Transport for London, Network Rail, various train operating companies, London Underground and many more.
We are recruiting candidates to join our degree apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in engineering. You will to get to know us from the inside and see how we can make a difference to society.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Creative Digital Design Professional (Integrated Degree) standard and earn your level 6 degree. More information can be found here - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/creative-digital-design-professional-(integrated-degree)-v1-0
Do you love writing, developing and curating learning materials for digital delivery?
Are you passionate about all things design and learning?
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this apprenticeship:
- Developing various methods of e-learning for the various clients and projects we have across our mobility businesses
- As part of your role you will work with subject matter experts and be able to develop learning solutions that tell a story to depict and invite action and stimulate curiosity
- Develop knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport industries.
- Technically understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that solutions are designed and implemented in a methodical manner under the supervision of training and engineering team
- Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality/testing procedures and meet all applicable legislation and project requirements.
Some key responsibilities of this role include designing and creating training materials, choosing the most appropriate media based on content and impact requirements to internal and external teams. As well as this, you will create engaging learning activities and compelling course content and set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
This role also involves visualising instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product as well as providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process and creating supporting material/ media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc).
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A-Levels or BTEC equivalent at grade C or above in computer or engineering related subjects.
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
It would be great if you had skills and experience in any of the following: Adobe Suite, Adapt E-Learning Software, Articulate 360 Software, Adobe Captive, Microsoft Office or an interest in developing and exploring AR and VR technologies for learning. However these are desired skills, not essential, and full training will be given on the apprenticeship.
Please note, some travel to have regular (estimated at every other month) face to face meetings will be required.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your degree debt-free whilst earning a salary of £20,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Telecommunications. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time