Data Analyst / Data Integrator – This position will be part of the Building Management System Operations Center (BMSOC) Team. The BMSOC's purpose is to support the National BMS Program efforts currently specific to Siemens and Andover DDC Systems. Future efforts will include a 3rd platform - Niagara Tridium. The BMSOC team provides DDC programming, graphics, front-end support, 24x7 Triage services to the field, and data analytics from data streams. This role will support the National BMS team and its initiatives by providing the data analytics of all collected data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities to move the program and its methodology to a first-class program.
This position will frequently interact with Senior Management, Property Managers, outsourced Operation Managers, customers, functional peer group managers and general contractors/vendors.
The ability to interpret data and turn it into information which can offer ways to improve the business, thus affecting business decisions. Gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends.
Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst/Data Integrator will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.• Responsibilities
• Designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
• Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
• Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
• Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
• Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
• Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
• Collecting and interpreting data
• Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources.
• Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes.
• Develop quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across various database systems.
* Develop and document the data audit, archiving, and restoration processes.
• Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of data to develop business intelligence integration designs.
• Ensure high quality and optimum performance of data integration systems in order to meet business solutions.
• Analyzing results
• Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
• Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
• Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs/business processes
• Defining new data collection and analysis processes
• Partner with other teams (members.
- Technical skills include knowledge of database languages such as SQL, R, or Python; spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets; and data visualization software such as PowerBI. Mathematical and statistical skills are also valuable to help gather, measure, organize, and analyze data.
- ◦ Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- ◦ Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- ◦ Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- ◦ Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- ◦ Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- ◦ Experience in data models and reporting packages
- ◦ Ability to analyze large datasets
- ◦ Ability to write comprehensive reports
- ◦ Strong verbal and written communication skills
- ◦ An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- ◦ Attention to detail
- ◦ Ability to Manage SQL Servers
- ◦ Proficient at creating SQL SSIS Packages
- ◦ Proficient at writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- ◦ SQL proficiency test may be administered as part of the application process.
Education: BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
Experience: Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the IT field. Leadership experience. SQL certified. Microsoft Access. Data Base Administrations (DBA).
Location: Flexible, duties can be performed remotely with limited periodic travel for training. Access to appropriate tools and technology (will be provided.)
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.