We are Siemens Mobility - We're a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek to hire a Systems Engineering Manager with a proven track record to drive the design and integration requirements for constructing a high-speed rail system designed to take cars off the road and offer millions of travelers an eco-friendly (fully electric & zero emissions) way to travel! Ideally, it would be best if you were a system/software specialist and a people manager to understand the strategy, ensure team alignment, meet adequate staffing needs, and mentor developing team members. This role will sit in Las Vegas, NV.
Get ready to Grow, Learn, Achieve, and Lead!
What you will be doing:
For this project, we will coordinate day-to-day technical activities and help address issues that arise within the Project Execution (PE) System Engineering (SYS) organization. You will also ensure requirements practices are followed, and staff continues to drive towards excellence.
In this role, you will support the overall team to ensure on-time project delivery with the highest quality according to the PE Organization's comprehensive System Engineering Management Process (SEMP). This support includes, but not limited to, requirement analysis of customer contracts, working to create conceptual architecture, functional analysis, and decomposition, resulting in an architecture description. A successful candidate will ensure all projects continue to work against agreed-upon requirements and design baselines and progress to project completion with no technical nonconformance impacts. The ideal candidate will have specialized management leadership experience and a project-oriented mentality to work with schedules, plans, and cost. The responsibilities include the following:
- Guide system engineering activities and develop technical skills within the PE-SYS organization to ensure portfolio, project, and customer needs are satisfied.
- Ensure that system planning processes, procedures, and standard methodologies are established, detailed, and effectively followed in (governed) daily system engineering activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable organizational strategies (e.g., SEMP)
- Use problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills to ensure effective and efficient team operation.
- Ensure effective project plans are crafted and successfully executed
- Collaborate with our Head of Systems Engineering and other system engineers to continuously improve the overall system engineering process within Mobility
- Regularly report on project status to executive staff.
- Work with our specialists to deliver projects with the current portfolio and support URS/SRS discussion about next-generation needs.
- Understanding of Product & Solution Security and the effect and compliance within projects
- Govern all project deployments to ensure alignment with Siemens strategy for reuse, product-level changes, and project-level changes.
- Ensure bids are reviewed and provide a system-level estimate, alert bid team of any potential pitfalls in design or requirements, product & solution security estimate, compliance statements for all requirements, as well as a conceptual level architecture to bid team.
- Ensure all involved projects are compliant with budget and schedules as agreed upon during handover from Sales
- Identify capital needs for the portfolio to support the development and maintenance of the overall system engineering capital budget.
- Collaborate with all vital project System Managers in Project (SMiPs) & Commercial Project Managers (CPM) to understand project resource needs and create overall team resource forecast and demands
- Define, monitor, and manage the team's performance through organizationally aligned targets and technical training, mentoring, and coaching
- Conduct performance reviews and recommended salary adjustments, progressions, and promotions
- Mentor on processes and engineering skills with new hires and in developmental areas with others, as appropriate
- Guide contacts within the Siemens organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in an appropriate engineering or science-related field required, MS degree preferred
- Ten years of experience in Systems Engineering
- Excellent understanding of System & Software architecture & design processes as well as engineering standards (e.g., IEEE-1220, IEEE 1558, IEE 15288)
- Your understanding of the rail automation domain is preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- ~25% travel depending on the project and organizational needs
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Systems Engineering Manager with us, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.