Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This is a 1st shift position with hours of 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
As the Fire and Security Alarm Monitoring Dispatcher, you will provide support for the monitoring and processing of alarms received within the Central Monitoring Station (CMS).
Receives processes and dispatches emergency calls to responsible agency or customer contacts. Provides outstanding customer service by receiving calls from customers that are requiring service or information reference on their accounts. Acknowledges alarms received and dispatches appropriate personnel for issue at hand. After dispatch, logs call into system activity report. Generate statistical or investigative reports for management. Continuously monitor alarm signal queue prioritized response. Document all calls with appropriate resolution codes and notes. Provide quality customer service on every call. Exercise good listening skills. Communicate clearly and effectively with customers and agencies. Manage length of calls. Attend monthly training sessions. Be familiar with emergency procedures Review and critique recorded conversations for purposes of improving customer interaction skills.
- Make notification to customers and dispatch emergency personnel as needed
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers and agencies
- Exercise good listening skills
- Provide outstanding customer service by meeting company quality standards
- Continuously monitor the alarm signal queue with prioritized response
- Conduct scheduled video tours of security cameras
- Respond to emergency elevator calls and access control calls
- Answer inbound calls from customers and technical personnel
- Create detailed documentation of all calls and activity
- Become familiar with customer-specific requirements and procedures
- Generate statistical or investigative reports for management
- Maintain the departmental standards for attendance
- Participate in skill-building training and mandatory departmental meetings
- High School Diploma or GED
- Professional level of punctuality and reliability
- 1-3 years of customer service experience / call center experience via telephone
- Applicant must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows and internet applications
- Ability to clearly, articulately, communicate verbally
- Dispatching Background
- Certified training or knowledge of Access Control, Fire and Burglary systems a plus
- Prior security call center experience is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.