Knowledge Management Analyst
Home Office: Wilsonville, OR
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Knowledge Management Analysts will focus on content development standards, optimization of data search results, toolsets and procedures to create an optimal self-help experience for customers.
They will work with subject matter experts and leverage process, tools and analytics to ensure the Knowledge Base we manage on our Support Center is being consumed and is providing the necessary information to solve customer problems. They will leverage AI/Machine Learning expertise to define requirements, process, tools and workflows to effectively utilize big data to increase the likelihood of customer self-help success. To this end, they will drive the merchandising of content on the site and utilize analytics to proactively fill content gaps with high quality content to ensure customers have every opportunity to find answers to their questions.
Additionally, they will provide site design improvement suggestions, help with requirements gathering, and perform system operational tasks in order to provide a highly functional and competitive site.
- Execute content strategies and initiatives, enabling customers to easily locate, use, and apply knowledge gained from online assets
- Execute AI and Machine learning strategies to increase proactive customer self-help/self-serve opportunities
- Ensures articles (KBs & Videos) are developed following guidelines, templates, and methodologies as directed by the team leads
- Proactively drive new content development based on user feedback, search results, case resolutions, customer usage and consumption patterns, commonly asked questions, and AI data results
- Work in alignment with content owners across Support to review, revise, enrich, and measure content effectiveness using analytics insights against agreed metrics
- Work with global services teams to pinpoint relevant content themes and oversee the creation of compelling content within work streams
- Ensure proper training guides, help files, reference data, and tutorials are created and maintained to support the Support Center toolset
- Help with content curation to drive consistency and consumption by merchandising (tagging & placing) content appropriately
- Leverage key metrics to produce monthly KPI metric reports and drive to improve and surpass stated goals
- Contribute to established SLA metrics and general site health to drive customer self-service resolutions
- Troubleshoot issues and address or recommend appropriate solutions with web development team
- Ensure customer entitlements are accurate to drive proper access & visibility to the support site
- Become super user of content authoring tools and make recommendations to design teams for incremental improvements based on user community feedback
- Manage operational practices, providing assistance to customers to help them register, search, and self-serve
Level 2 (Same as above, plus,)
- Be the subject matter expert in KCS methodology & standards to increase adherence and effectiveness of content creation, linking, improving and consumption
- Provide KCS coaching to content developers to ensure methodologies and practices are followed
- Participate in community forums as a moderator, helping customers self-help themselves
- Engage with customers to help them resolve content and site challenges
- Integrate and contribute to the effectiveness of the knowledge base processes within the support workflow in Salesforce and the customer-facing workflow in the customer portal
- Deploy Salesforce processes to continue evolving workflow for lifecycle of content (updating, publishing, archiving)
- Establish localization practices based on regional needs, type and popularity of articles.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience of executing a content strategy including content generation, planning, and defining new processes
- Deep knowledge of online content delivery, UX, and content management systems. Knowledge of web processes and technologies including social media, SEO/ SEM, and keyword research.
- Understanding of AI/Machine Learning, to increase the likelihood that relevant content will be surfaced to customers proactively
- Technical aptitude in AI/Machine Learning sufficient to drive experience and data requirements into the web development team
- Ability to merchandise and curate content based on customer behavior and intended audience.
- An excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling, with the ability to lead contributors in best practices.
- Proven experience in working across a global team while building relationships with multiple stakeholders and third parties.
- Project management skills, including successful delivery to long term project goals, working to tight deadlines, and managing with limited resources in a matrixed organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills as this position requires frequent communication with colleagues, partners, and customers in multiple geographies.
- Strong analytical skills and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources in many different organizations for the purpose of delivering world-class, relevant content to end customers.
- Proven experience in using Salesforce Service Cloud in particular and experience in managing Salesforce Knowledge database and workflows
- Salesforce Admin experience is not required but considered an advantage
The successful candidate should hold a college degree and have at least 5 years’ experience working in content management, data management and AI/Machine Learning. This experience will have been gained in a global, hi-tech environment and knowledge of EDA/CAD technologies will be particularly advantageous.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.