- During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Tessent Embedded Analytics, part of Siemens EDA, is a pioneering developer of analytics and monitoring technology at the heart of the systems-on-chip (SoCs) that power today’s electronic products. Our embedded analytics technology allows product designers to add sophisticated cybersecurity, functional safety and performance tuning features; and it helps resolve critical issues such as increasing system complexity and ever- decreasing time-to-market. We are proud of our technology and selling globally to many of the most respected and most exciting technology companies in the world.
We are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic engineers who are passionate about developing high quality software to join our team. You will work without supervision on highly complex projects and provide high-level technical expertise. This role will give you the opportunity to act as technical lead of major projects within one area of a product and guide junior engineers through problem resolution. You will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, modifying, and implementing software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations.
- Create, document, and execute software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems.
- Collaborate frequently with customers and promote innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into our product and to our people.
- Being responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
- Extensive experience C/C++ development of non-GUI system libraries.
- Cross-platform (POSIX) programming including one or more of libsocket (or equivalent), libusb, libpthread.
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming experience.
- A knowledge of modern CPU architectures.
What would be beneficial?
- A solid understanding of TDD principles.
- Device driver development on either Linux or Windows.
- Experience using OpenOCD.
- Experience with at least one RTOS (e.g. VxWorks, Nucleus, FreeRTOS, eCos, MicroC/OS).
- Knowledge and use of test frameworks such as CppUnit.
- Use of Python (including pytest) and Bourne shell for test scripts.
- Experience of on-chip debugging environments such as JTAG, OCD, Lauterbach T32 or equivalent.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you!
We are Siemens
We proud ourselves on creating an encouraging environment, where you will have as much responsibility as you can handle, with a lot of scope to make your mark and propose new ideas. This will be exciting– and often demanding. We expect our people to be flexible and to “go above and beyond” in meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
In return, we will allow you plenty of autonomy, share a desire to get things done and a willingness to work to make both us and our customers succeed. As part of that we offer flexible working hours, a work from home policy and flexibility on holidays. That includes family-friendly support like adjusting your working hours to suit school hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on any grounds. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in this recruitment process or while performing essential job functions, please indicate it in your application.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time