- We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who can implement technical security solutions for AWS Cloud application. You will work closely with our Product Development team as well our Cloud Operations team to help build secure and robust systems responsible for serving our customers from critical infrastructure.
- The Cloud Security Engineer provides cyber security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- Additionally, assists in the development of cyber security requirements, conducts security risk assessments, evaluates security services and technologies, and reviews and documents information security policies and procedures as well as provides monitoring and oversight for alerts in this environment.
- Serves as the technical expert (SME) on AWS Cloud Security
- Participate in efforts that tailor the company’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments.
- Propose and design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept while maintaining a security mindset
- Lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating Cyber Security controls.
- Work closely with application developers and database administrators to deliver creative solutions to complex technology challenges and business requirements.
- Automate security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Utilize cloud-based APIs when appropriate to write network/system level tools for securing cloud environments.
- Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Identify and Implement new security technologies and best practices into our Cloud Solution offerings
- Evaluates new technologies against established requirements and validate the security of the technology.
- Identify procedures for how to handle a cloud security event, including forensic isolation and mitigation with Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR/IR) teams.
- Supports the monitoring and maintaining network security suite of tools.
- Identify new security threats by conducting continual monitoring, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and log analysis
- We need a professional with bachelor’s degree in related business or technical areas, or an equivalency of education and work experience of 5 to 7 years related experience in Computer Security, with proven focus on Cloud Security. Clear passion for cloud Security and Cloud technologies.
- Must have experience with virtualization (cloud or non-cloud).
- Expert knowledge of Cloud infrastructure, security architectures, and standards.
- Deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of current threats to Cloud infrastructure and/or IT infrastructures at technical levels.
- Automate daily tasks through Python, Bash or equivalent.
- Experience with web-based applications or web-services.
- Proficient in Linux system design, automation, and operations.
- Experience in designing and implementing standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Good experience of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols), PKI and Key management in AWS.
- Very detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Security certification AWS Security Specialty, CCSP, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, OSWP, CISSP.
- Experience using Microsoft Visio.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time