Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Enlighted is a trailblazing Silicon Valley company in Smart Buildings and IoT and we're looking for the brightest minds out there to join our Canadian team. We build an end-to-end IoT solution from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. And, once installed, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications in commercial buildings such as space utilization, traffic flow and asset tracking allowing customers to see for the first time how their buildings and assets are being used.
Enlighted is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a startup with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. As part of Enlighted Waterloo, you will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approx. 2500 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
Enlighted is looking for an experienced IT Business Lead who is both strategic and hands-on. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance, and operations of mission critical systems, networks and infrastructure across various office locations for on-prem and cloud. As the lead, you’ll be responsible for a team that will own architecting, delivering, upgrading, securing and supporting the local infrastructure in Santa Clara and other global locations within the following core functions: LAN/WAN/WLAN, Internet, Remote Access, Firewalls, Proxy, DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM), NAC (Network Access Control), and cloud-based networking implementations.
You are expected to implement & operate the team under a follow-the-sun support model providing global 24x7 advanced level support for IT and network infrastructure technologies; acting as the escalation point for additional subject matter experts. This role requires a balance between strategic mindset and ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’. This is a great opportunity to touch all aspects of the IT spectrum and make your footprint!
What will you do?
Some of the responsibilities to lead the group will be:
- Provide first-rate IT & networking infrastructure support to enable employees to seamlessly accomplish their daily tasks regardless of location
- Understand business strategies and priorities as well as engineering roadmaps to develop prioritization of IT infrastructure and capabilities needed
- Work closely with Engineering to support and administer core infrastructure, systems and applications used across multiple departments
- Develop creative technology solutions to streamline business processes through automation and self-help tools
- Define and support managed services connectivity for global managed cores (VPN Connections, Redundancy)
- Plan and budget for IT refresh cycle that enables maximum ROI on infrastructure investments
- New technology recommendations, evaluations, and implementations
- Other duties as required
Current network components :
- Firewalls, Switches, Leased lines, UPS, Meraki Wireless
What will you need to succeed?
- At least 5 – 7+ years experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Project Management (designation, certificate, or courses)
- Self-starter, leadership & organization are a must in this fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead, recruit, retain, mentor and scale high performing team(s)
- Hands on datacenter experience with global company infrastructure connectivity
- Strong understanding of networking and optimization of connectivity for both wired and wireless networks is essential
- Experience with cloud connectivity and considerations for transit gateways, non-overlapping CIDR ranges and planning of a more complex network (even though it is a small company is important).
- Network monitoring, failover and business continuity experience
- Ability to think strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems and to provide business insight that is relevant and digestible to executive decision makers and key stakeholders
- Strong experience with overall Microsoft technology portfolio including Windows Server, Active Directory, Intune, and O365
- Robust vendor management experience, which will require negotiation skills, establishing SLAs and managing performance
- Asset: people leadership skills / supervisory / team lead
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.