- When you join the business, you will be allocated to a Protection Control team where you will work under mentorship on our current projects on a rotational basis within the business. At the same time, you will be signed up to the academic element of your apprenticeship with Newcastle University on Block release. To support you, 20% of your standard weekly working hours will be spent studying for your degree. (20% off the job study time throughout your apprenticeship is still paid for).
- By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have gained the knowledge and skills to become a Protection and Control solution specialist as well as a degree as a Power Engineering (Integrated) Professional. We will also expect you to finish the elements of the structured learning plan, attendance to all performance evaluations, rotations across the business as well as developing your professional competence throughout.
- Develop your knowledge of data services by taking on development of customer-facing applications
- Gain experience in Power Engineering management
- Obtain first-hand experience working with Power system and infrastructure management
- Combine engineering or product design with coding skills to develop new solutions
- Take an idea from design to development to customer release, gaining experience in the complete lifecycle.
- Learn what it means to work backwards from customer requirements to solution architecture, design, development, release planning and implementation
- Work with experienced engineers and developers to put your skills to the test in the development of valuable use-cases
- Requirement analysis, gathering information and identifying stakeholders to support business objectives.
- Supporting the Service Desk, ensuring customers and user get the best experience possible.
- Gain a valuable insight - A brilliant technology strategy won’t help unless it’s implemented properly. You’ll work on live projects with complex scenarios and learn how to work efficiently to realise success
- Be a valued member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to management. This project will provide you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities; such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- Willingness to relocate and travel. This apprenticeship is rotational, and we want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement will be in different UK locations.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Some experience/work-experience in a digital related department would be useful but not essential
- Continue your learning beyond college whilst earning a salary of £20,000 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to get to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Have the chance to get to know each Mobility division through the rotational element of your apprenticeship - Siemens will help to fund each placement away from home.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time