Service Specialist/Programmer – Smart Buildings/Automation - Remote US
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Sr. Service Specialist / Programmer – This position will be able to implement, modify, and write automation control language. Install programs and point data with automation applications to enhance the role of energy optimization on the customers’ network. Serve as a support liaison for control language issues between company and customer. Provide support to customer by resolving intricate programming issues.
This position will frequently interact with Senior Management, Property Managers, outsourced Operation Managers, customers, functional peer group managers and general contractors/vendors.
- Working knowledge of HVAC mechanical functionalities, temperature controls, and strong knowledge of energy management concepts.
- Experience with programming, hardware, and troubleshooting knowledge of BMS systems such as Siemens, Andover, and Tridium systems.
- Able to create, export, and import of database files.
- Edit, update, and implement programs for Energy Optimization. (Economizer/Mechanical)
- Setup and analyze program and point definition reports for new database creation.
- Build and edit HVAC graphics.
- Can work independently, as a stand-alone position or within a dedicated team.
- Work and coordinate with external field personnel.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidates must understand BMS control products and tools for consideration of the stated position. A technician will be able to perform duties including Sequence of Operation control, ability to troubleshoot and resolve many issues, experience in programming and operations of front-end control applications. Siemens, Andover, and Tridium systems. Knowledge of BACnet. Excellent customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills. Candidates will need to be self-sufficient and motivated. Be able to understand what is needed to be done, both on a project level and at a personal development level.. Microsoft Office (Word, Email, Excel, & Outlook).Troubleshooting via Remote Access.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience - Continue
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- High school diploma, GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- 3-5+ years of experience installing, programming and troubleshooting building automation controls systems.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- AS/BS Degree in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline.
- BACnet integration.
- Tele-Conferencing (SKPYE, Q, WEBX, Teams, etc.)
Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.