The AVP of Equity Finance’s primary role is the risk assessment of projects under origination. This includes the analysis, structuring, negotiation, and final execution of the equity investment as member of a transaction team. The candidate will be responsible for the long-term management of the invested asset until divestment, including board representation and C-suite staffing. Region is Asia / Australia.
What are my responsibilities?
- Exercise complete business analysis and risk assessment on new investments and jointly with origination present and explain investment business case to SFS division management.
- Elaborate and coordinate documentation for ultimate approval request to Siemens Management Board.
- Exercise the Board mandates on behalf of SFS EQ in all investments counseled, reconcile conflicting investor interests (SFS as strategic investor as opposed to merely financial investors, e.g. funds) to come to board decisions on e.g. retained earnings as opposed to cash distributions, investment decisions on company levels, strategic investment development, capital increases, potential exercising of preemption rights, et al.
- Ability to align specific investment objectives with, at times, competing corporate strategic requirements
- Effectively and diplomatically manage expectations and alignment of key internal and external project stakeholders in an inter-cultural environment
- Willingness/ability to travel internationally and occasionally on short notice
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, creativity and tenacity completing tasks
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalency
- 8+ years’ capital investment/structured finance experience
- Experience in risk assessment of structured and/or project finance of infrastructure projects
- Deep understanding of India and Asia/Australia infrastructure projects and ability to quickly understand new markets in foreign jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated capability to quickly evaluate complex financial information and identify opportunities and risks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Support transaction teams across internal functions and orchestrate internal processes
- Evaluate viability of investment targets
- Manage investment due diligence process and liaise with relevant project parties
- Ensure internal data repository for specific project
- Manage assets independently, act as a director on the SPC’s supervisory boards, always ensure a high-quality reporting by the SPC safeguarding a reliable budget and forecast
This role is based in Kharghar, Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time