During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Mentor (a Siemens Business) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation Software. Our rapidly growing Capital software tools cover embedded software, networks, electrical distribution system & wire harness. They enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more cost-effectively.
Be part of the team implementing the Cloud/SaaS strategy for Capital. Help introduce new Cloud/SaaS products, transform existing products to run efficiently on the Cloud and improve the way we work for Cloud/SaaS.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop exciting solutions that change the way both Mentor and their clients work. You'll work in a collaborative, welcoming environment where new ideas drive technological transformation. We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and adept at clear communication. We strive to produce scalable solutions, and you will need to be familiar with how software development best practices and high levels of automation help drive them.
Take part in design and development of industry leading and rapidly growing solutions for electrical distribution system & wire harness. Be part of the core team responsible for eﬃciently evolving large-scale enterprise product built on Java platform to run on the cloud and be sold via SaaS business model. Solve challenging design and technology problems while setting example in quality and application of object oriented design principles.
● Develop, evolve and operate high-quality software solutions that deliver the required product features maximizing use of existing technologies from Siemens and beyond
● Ensure optimal extend ability, extensibility, maintainability, security, performance and scalability
● Ensure solutions support multiple public cloud providers, hybrid cloud and private cloud
● Participate in continuous improvement of architecture, infrastructure, processes, skills and the organization.
● Participate in product deﬁnition, project planning and tracking including task investigation, work breakdown and estimation.
● Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical/scientific domain
● 4+ years of professional experience as part of a development team in software development with agile practices, quick iterations and integration of regular feedback
● Strong object oriented programming skills, including but not limited to SOLID principles & modular design
● Experience writing unit tests and applying automated testing approaches
● Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to work as part of a global distributed team with mixed cultures
● Strong self-organization including ability to work independently, take ownership, Prioritize/multitask effectively and deliver valuable results
● Fluency in written and spoken English, including the ability to communicate complex ideas internally
Desirable / Great additions
● Professional working experience with AWS, Azure or another major cloud platform
● Experience in automating and managing large-scale cloud systems via infrastructure as code (IaC) and security as code (SaC)
● Experience in cloud systems architecture, automation, orchestration, deployment,
Implementation, operation and optimization
● Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
● Experience developing multi-tier, commercial off the shelf and/or CAD software
● Familiarity with electrical and harness domains
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time