Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business, so you must be willing to travel to more than one of our many UK sites over your four-year programme with the support of Siemens.
Have the opportunity to work across a variety of businesses and one thing for certain is you won’t be short of opportunities! We are recruiting for our Degree Apprenticeship Programme.
As a Mobility Degree Apprentice, you will be enrolled onto the Mobility degree apprenticeship programme and follow a cross-business development plan. This will enable you to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours required to complete your apprenticeship standard and meet the predicted future talent requirements of the business. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this apprenticeship:
- Help develop, implement and safe systems of work,
- Review and advise on risk assessments
- Support the investigation of incidents
- Work to support the implementation of the EHSW strategy at a new brand new train manufacturing plant.
- Comply with Siemens Mobility HSQE by fully participating in Mobility behavioural safety and taking care to avoid acts that may have an impact on health, safety and the environment.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Be flexible in your role, which may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Are up for traveling as part of this rotational position. We want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement may be in different UK locations
- Have some experience/work-experience in a management related department, but it’s not essential
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum educational requirements:
This is a masters level apprenticeship so will require a bachelors degree in an EHS related subject
The benefits of a Degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £28,000 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of EHS. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time