At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver
high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company,
Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory
diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare
IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater
efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and
financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers innovations are frequently developed in collaboration with academic partners and hospitals around the world. To ensure successful collaboration with these partners, Siemens Healthineers has a team of onsite scientists that work very closely with leaders in the medical field on the development and testing of new solutions.
As a remote employee in the Digital Health (DH) Research Collaborations Group, manage the
research collaborations relationships with a group of research collaborators in the West Coast Region.
The Siemens DH Collaborations team in the US is a multidisciplinary group of highly motivated
scientists, engineers, and advanced application specialists based at various locations across the
country, and working closely with our research partners at Universities and academic hospitals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the
clinical and business impact of our research work. The position will report to the Head DH
Collaborations for North America. The individual will be responsible for defining, implementing and
driving the regional research collaborations strategy and collaborating with internal and external
partners to define innovative and clinically relevant digital solutions from prototype to a commercially
available product. The individual is expected to work closely with functional teams in design,
implementation, and execution of research projects in DH in collaboration with our academic and
Furthermore, the individual will act as a liaison between Siemens’ research collaborators and Siemens’ internal groups worldwide, including, but not limited to R&D, product definition and development teams, sales and and marketing.
Strong expertise in clinical applications, information technology and understanding of clinical value chains is required. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to
create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in
different roles / levels and physical locations are critical. An outstanding track record of peer reviewed publications in digital health or imaging is highly desired.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following areas:
· Define, implement and drive the regional research collaborations strategy with executive leadership teams
· Ensure that both parties understand the research and innovation vision of one another
· Collaborate with internal and external partners to define innovative and clinically relevant digital health solutions, like clinical decision support or patient management or artificial intelligence solutions, from prototype to a commercially available product
· Support business development and sales to a successful market introduction
· Work closely with functional teams in design, implementation, and execution of research projects in collaboration with our academic and clinical partners
· Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies, and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with partners in your region, e.g. contract negotiation and financial reporting of a research project
Research and Development
· Work closely with your academic partners and international functional teams to drive digital health research and translate this knowledge into digital health products
· Oversee and monitor the development of novel, clinically relevant prototypes onsite at one or more research partners in compliance with highest source code quality
· Work closely with international functional teams and research partners to define projects of mutual interest that are aligned with the global DH roadmap.
· Represent Siemens at national conferences in the field of digital health
· Oversee product integration of innovative solutions into clinical data systems or workflows according to quality standards for medical devices and medical device data systems
· Define implementation of improvements of currently existing product features.
· Monitor maintenance and improvements of existing code base, bug fixing, testing.
· Collaborate on content for articles for Siemens publications together with internal and external collaborators
· Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
· Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.