- Create and develop technical software vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Own, design, develop and govern the overall system software to support the product line architecture of Siemens' diagnostic ultrasound systems
- Understand the business goals and trace to architectural solutions and designs
- Own, define and develop the test strategy and testability for software solutions
- Create the needed processes and infrastructure for software development, including updates of coding guidelines, review process, tools, build environment etc.
- Govern the SW implementation to comply with related industry standards where applicable, such as IEC 62304, IEC 82304, IEC/TR 80002-1, DICOM, etc.
- Collaborate with local and remote software teams on all level of design and feature development
- Co-ordinate progress, solutions, implementations across all software development sites on selected projects
- Supports release trains with software DFMEA and architectural reviews and development
- Define and develop where needed the necessary tools and infrastructure to allow parallel progression of different release trains
- Conduct or oversee prototyping activities that are critical for a scalable architecture that can address future needs
- Perform technology and risk assessments and guide the rollout of new technologies to products
- 15 plus years of experience in designing and implementing complex software systems, preferably in Medical Imaging or mission critical devices.
- Bachelors and or masters’ in a Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent field of Engineering
- Highly skilled at applying UML for modeling and documenting SW architecture
- Experience with designing large SW systems, which includes decomposing software into subsystems / components and defining major structural and functional interfaces
- Familiar with regulatory (FDA) process requirements in architecture
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and technical leadership of large teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to innovate and drive changes
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.