We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek to hire an Electronics Hardware FPGA Engineer for the R&D team in embedded systems for rail signaling and onboard equipment. This role is responsible for crafting and developing new products and troubleshooting and enhancing existing products. The ideal candidate possesses a proven understanding of electrical engineering, digital and analog design practices, background knowledge in network communications, and has experience implementing signal processing and communications algorithms (e.g., RS-232, Echelon, ethernet) in FPGA environments, and can translate functional requirements into efficient working designs.
This role requires a good communicator who can work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment. A successful candidate must apply technical theories and concepts in developmental settings and have a broad knowledge of printed circuit board design and limitations, system engineering, and digital/analog circuit design. You must be comfortable working in an environment with strict milestone deadlines and balancing multiple priorities to ensure projects finish on time.
We are looking for someone who can utilize high-level critical thinking to bring high-impact, sophisticated, cross-functional problems to a successful resolution. We develop innovative solutions to realize cost savings, improve reliability, and increase customer value. Due to the nature of this role, employees would need to physically be located in either our Pittsburgh, PA or Louisville, KY facilities and cannot work remotely.Responsibilities
- Generate design documents, block diagrams, BOMs, prototype test plans, training manuals, and other documentation
- Develop VHDL code based on integrated circuit hardware designs.
- Troubleshoot application problems and identify the root cause of hardware/software/field issues.
- Identify and propose solutions to mitigate anomalies through hardware and/or software changes.
- Develop maintenance, enhancement, and testing plans.
- Guide the quality process by detailed execution of module, sub-system, and system test procedures.
- Drive the completion of all engineering documentation to support design efforts.
- Develop accurate estimates for task duration, supporting developing and maintaining schedules, cost, and quality.
- Guide reviews of specifications and creation of hardware engineering requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of successful experience developing VHDL for complex mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGAs, Processors, Microcontrollers, ADCs/DACs, DC/DC converters, etc.
- Familiarity with high-level FPGA HDL code generation tool flows (Matlab, Simulink, Modelsim, C/C++).
- Strong comprehension of FPGA development environments (Xilinx Vivado, Quartus Prime, and Lattice Diamond) and tool flow with validated ability to design, implement, sustain, and document FPGA designs from specifications.
- Ability to perform hardware/FPGA check-out and debug in a hands-on lab environment.
- Background in digital signal processing and/or network processing FPGA applications.
- Demonstrate and apply comprehensive knowledge of electronics design to complete assignments.
- Leadership and role model qualities, including respect, initiative, execution, trust, honesty, and collaboration, are demonstrated.
- Experience with safety-critical/vital systems.
- Knowledge of FCC guidelines for emissions and susceptibility.
- Knowledge of RF.
- Understanding of design principles (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis).
- Review circuits/schematics, understand functionality, identify critical components/circuitry, and recommend suitable replacements.
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Electronics Hardware Engineer, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.