This role can reside from a home office from any city and state pursuant to client needs.
We are looking for an experienced Sales/Business Development Manager in the field of Industry Logistics Solutions Business in the USA with a strong background in the automated material handling solutions planning (e.g. Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems, conveying technologies, AGVs).
The Sales Development Manager will generate new sales leads and contacts, handle existing and new customers according to the Siemens Digital Industries focus branches. As the face to the customer he will be responsible for the whole opportunity development, acquisition, planning and offering process.
- Acquiring new customers according to the Siemens Strategy
- Executing the entire offering process with emphasis on consulting and sales
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and preparing customer presentations
- Customer visits virtual or in person
- Promoting the Siemens Industry Solutions Portfolio at the focus customers and Siemens internally
- Analyzing and understanding of the customer requirements and needs
- Developing new concepts and layouts according to the customer requirements
- Responsible for the whole offering process including concept development and evaluation, calculation, the commercial quote, and the technical description
- Designing of the first concept layout AutoCAD drawings
- May guide a team of designer, electricians, and suppliers during the offering process
- Finding and develop new potential suppliers and partners in collaboration with the purchasing department
- Proper communication with all project stakeholders (customer, planer, team member)
- Preparing and attending at the big Intralogistics Trade Fairs in the US (e.g. Promat, Modex)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in Automated Logistics Solutions Sales, i.e. Warehouses
- Must possess a proven ability to address customers with a strong sense of reliability and self-confident
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel nationwide (25%)
- Working in an international team
- Based out of Greenville, SC or Home office (USA)
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with the Siemens standard automation products
- Advanced Auto CAD
- Knowledge of equipment safety requirements (OSHA)
- Expert MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.